1900 27th Street
Vero Beach, FL 32960
Please take a moment and take this survey to tell us how we're doing.
English • Español • Kreyol
Due to COVID-19, delivery of some services has changed. Please visit our information page for a listing of updated service delivery.
Florida Department of Health in Indian River County’s Environmental Health section protects Indian River County’s residents and visitors from natural and man-made health risks and exposures.
To protect the public from potential illnesses and injuries of an environmental nature, core Environmental Health activities focus on prevention, preparedness, and education. Diverse program authority, under the county, state and federal law, allows Environmental Health to implement these activities through investigation, routine monitoring of regulated facilities, education, surveillance, and sampling.
Environmental Health also provides timely guidance and information to the public, businesses, and other governmental agencies on public health issues and concerns when the health of Indian River County residents and visitors is threatened during emergencies such as hurricanes, fires, floods, hazardous materials incidents, sewage spills, and disease outbreaks.
Fees Note: There may be local and state fees for some environmental health services. Please call 772-794-7440 for current fees.
- Pay Environmental Health fees online and print permit
- Credit Card Authorization Form for DOH-Indian River
- Check Status of an Inspection at a Regulated Facility or Notification of Enforcement Actions
- For local enforcement action, visit our Environmental Control Hearing Board webpage
- Report a Foodborne or Waterborne Illness Online
- Report an Unsanitary Condition at a Restaurant, Caterer or Mobile Food Unit
- Report a public lodging complaint including apartments with 5 or more units, hotels, motels and short term rentals, including vacation homes
Note: this page contains materials in the Portable Document Format (PDF). The free Adobe Acrobat Reader may be required to view these files.
Connect with DOH