Hours and Closures
Florida Department of Health in Indian RIver County
- (772) 794-7400
1900 27th Street
Vero Beach, FL 32960
TTY users can contact us through Florida Relay by dialing 711 or one of the other Relay Toll Free numbers.
IMPORTANT NOTICE! (8/15/19)
Florida Department of Health in Indian River County no longer provides primary care or dental services at either the main health department in Vero Beach or Gifford Health Center. The We Care program will remain at Gifford Health Center. Treasure Coast Community Health will be the new provider in Gifford Health Center.
The following public health services will remain at the main health department site located at 1900 27th Street in Vero Beach:
- Family planning/birth control
- HIV/AIDS primary care and services
- Communicable disease services
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD) services
- School health services
- WIC nutrition program
- Office of Vital Statistics (birth and death certificates)
- Environmental health services
- Community health improvement and outreach
- Public health preparedness and response
- County Human Services assistance program
If you have insurance, contact your insurance company for other providers of primary care in the area. If you do not have insurance, there are low-cost providers in the county for primary care and dental care, and a list of healthcare providers is provided below. Additionally, financial assistance for health care services is provided by the Indian River County Hospital District for those who qualify, and they can be contacted at 772-770-0935. Healthcare providers listed below with an asterisk (*) process Hospital District Financial Assistance applications for their clients. If you do not have a provider, you can contact the Indian River County Medical Society for information about other health care providers in Indian River County at 772-562-0123 or visit their website at https://ircms.org.
Patient medical records will be maintained at the Health Department in accordance with State Law. If you would like to transfer your records, please contact the Health Department or your new provider to complete an “Authorization for Release of Information” form.
Below is a list of low-cost providers in the county for primary care and dental care.
Organizations Providing Low Cost Health Care Services on a Sliding Fee Scale:
- *Treasure Coast Community Health (medical and dental care)
- 1555 US Highway 1, Suite 105, Vero Beach, Florida 32960
- 1545 9th Street SW, Vero Beach, Florida 32962
- 12196 CR 512, Fellsmere, Florida 32948
- Whole Family Health Center (medical care)
981 37th Place, Vero Beach, Florida 32960
- *Visiting Nurse Association Mobile Unit (medical care)
For the mobile unit hours of operation, please call 772 567-5551
- *Visiting Nurses Association (VNA) (home health services)
1110 35th Lane, Vero Beach, Florida 32960
- *Mental Health Association in Indian River County
820 37th Place, Vero Beach, Florida 32960
- Department of Health in St. Lucie County
Forever Smiles Children’s Dentistry (dentistry for children 1-20 years)
St. Lucie West: 537 NW Lake Whitney Place, Ste. 101
Port St. Lucie, FL 34986
- Public Health Clinic (services for family planning/birth control, HIV/AIDS primary care, communicable diseases, sexually transmitted disease (STD), immunizations): Monday thru Friday, 8:00am to noon and 1:00pm to 5:00pm (main doors open at 8:00am)
- Client Registration: Monday thru Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Environmental Health: Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Medical Records: Please call for medical records schedule
- Patient Billing: Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm (closed 12:00 - 1:00pm for lunch daily)
- Pediatrics Clinic: Monday thru Friday, 8:00am to noon and 1:00pm to 4:30pm (closed 12:00 - 1:00pm for lunch daily)
- Support Services (Administration, Business Office, Nursing Administration): Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Vital Statistics: Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
- WIC: Please call the WIC office at 772-794-7430 for specific service hours.
- Indian River County Human Services Office (rent, utilities, prescription assistance): Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm (closed 12:00 - 1:00pm daily for lunch).
- We Care Clinic: Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm (main doors open at 7:30am and clinic closes 12:00 - 1:00pm for lunch daily)
2019 HOLIDAY AND TRAINING CLOSURES*
- Tuesday, January 1st, New Year's Day (closed all day)
- Monday, January 21st, MLK, Jr. Birthday (closed all day)
- Friday, March 15th, Staff Training (closed 12-5pm)
- Friday, April 12th, Staff Training (closed 12-5pm)
- Monday, May 27th, Memorial Day (closed all day)
- Friday, May 31st, Staff Training (closed 12-5pm)
- Thursday, July 4th, Independence Day (closed all day)
- Friday, August 23rd, Staff Training (closed 12-5pm)
- Monday, September 2nd, Labor Day (closed all day)
- Friday, October 11th, Staff Training (closed 12-5pm)
- Monday, November 11th, Veteran’s Day (closed all day)
- Thursday, November 28th, Thanksgiving Day (closed all day)
- Friday, November 29th, Thanksgiving Holiday (closed all day)
- Friday, December 6th, Staff Training (closed 12-5pm)
- Wednesday, December 25th, Christmas Day (closed all day)
- Wednesday, January 1st (2020), New Year's Day (closed all day)
Note: Staff training dates are subject to change. Please call to confirm dates.
*The Environmental Health Office and the Vital Statistics Office (for birth and death certificates) close at 11:30am on most Staff Training days.