4675 28th Court
Vero Beach, FL 32967
The Florida Department of Health in Indian River County has a staff of skilled, caring clinicians and licensed staff available to attend to the specific health needs of women. Some of the services offered in our Women's Health clinic are:
- Routine annual gynecological exams, including pap smears
- Blood tests
- Prescription of birth control drugs
- Emergency contraception
- Education and counseling about methods of birth control
- Family planning education
- Assistance with sterilization, both male and female
- Referrals to specialty physicians and community resources
- Florida Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program affiliate to access local resources in providing mammograms and annual exams for women ages 50 - 64 who are without insurance
- Interpreting services are available for non-English speaking patients
Women's Health appointments can be made by calling 794-7425. As a courtesy to other patients who may need an appointment, please notify the clinic as soon as possible if you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment.
REGISTRATION AND INFORMATION FOR NEW PATIENTS
When registering as a new patient, please bring the information listed below with you.
- Photo ID
- Driver's license or other ID listing home address,
- Social security card (including all dependent children in the family),
- Most recent paycheck stub, and
- Any insurance/Medicare/Medicaid cards
ACCEPTED FORMS OF PAYMENT FOR SERVICES
- Cash or personal check
- Most major credit cards
- We accept Medicare, Florida KidCare, AvMed, Blue Cross, UnitedHealthcare, and we also accept Medicaid and the following Medicaid HMOs: Wellcare, Sunshine, Clear Health Alliance, Molina, and Staywell (please call to verify insurance we accept). If you are part of an HMO, please contact your insurance company first to find out if we are an authorized provider for you to go to.
For Medical Fees, if you are a resident of Indian River County and do not have insurance, you may be eligible for reduced fees for most medical services (not including travel vaccinations) based on your household income.
Visit the Department of Health's Women's Health web page for women's health education, tools and resources for both women and healthcare providers.
For more information on Women's Health services, please call 772-794-7425.