WIC - Women Infants Children Nutrition Program
WIC Contact Information
1900 27th Street
Vero Beach, FL 32960
What is WIC?
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children, also known as WIC, is a federally funded program which provides the following at no cost to the participant: healthy foods, nutrition education, breastfeeding counseling and support and referrals for health care.
To be Eligible for the WIC Program:
- You must be a pregnant woman, a woman who has recently been pregnant, a breastfeeding mother of an infant, an infant, or a child under five years old.
- You must meet certain income requirements. The family's gross income must not exceed 185% of the U.S. Poverty Income Guidelines. You could also be qualified if you or a family member is currently receiving Medicaid, WAGES, or Food Stamps.
- You must have a nutrition-related need, which will be determined by WIC staff.
- Standards for eligibility and participation in the WIC Program are the same for everyone, regardless of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability.
- WIC provides healthy food issued on an EBT (debit) card which can be used at local grocery stores. The food prescription for each individual will list the type, brand, and amount of food allowed. The WIC foods include: milk, cheese, eggs, cereal, whole wheat bread, corn tortillas, brown rice, fruit juices, dry or canned beans, peanut butter, baby foods, fruits and vegetables.
- The WIC program strongly encourages breastfeeding as the best method of infant feeding and nurturing. Breastfeeding peer counselors are available to support breastfeeding mothers. Those mothers and caregivers who choose to bottle-feed their infants will receive the WIC contract formula. The WIC contract formulas include: Enfamil Premium Newborn, Enfamil Premium Infant, Enfamil Gentlease, Enfamil A.R., Enfamil Reguline, and Gerber Good Start Soy. In addition, the following older baby and toddler contract formulas may be provided to infants 9 months and older: Enfagrow Toddler Transitions, Enfagrow Toddler Transitions Gentlease and Gerber Graduates Soy.
- Nutrition education, breastfeeding counseling and support, referrals for healthcare
- La Leche League meetings at the Vero Beach WIC Office:
- This is a series meeting for pregnant women and mothers looking for breastfeeding information and support. Bring your baby and join us for some mother to mother talk.
- Meets the third Wednesday of every month from 10:00 - 11:30am in the health department's first floor Auditorium
- Florida Department of Health in Indian River County, located at 1900 27th Street, Vero Beach, FL 32960, Ph: 772-794-7430
- Call state's WIC toll-free number at 800-342-3556, or
- Call the Florida Department of Health in Indian River County WIC Department at 772-794-7430, or visit
- Florida Department of Health WIC webpage
Please call 772-794-7430 for current Vero WIC hours and schedules.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.