WIC - Women Infants Children Nutrition Program
WIC Contact Information
1900 27th Street
Vero Beach, FL 32960
What is WIC?
WIC is a special supplemental nutrition program for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding an infant, women who have just had a baby, and infants and children up to 5 years of age. The WIC program provides the following at no cost to the participant: healthy foods, nutrition education and counseling, breastfeeding support, and referrals for health care and community services.
Upcoming Event: 10th Global Big Latch On 2019
To be Eligible for the WIC Program:
- You must be a pregnant woman, a woman who has recently been pregnant, a breastfeeding mother of an infant, an infant, or a child under five years old.
- You must live in Florida
- You must meet certain income requirements. The household gross income (before taxes and deductions) must not exceed 185% of the U.S. Poverty Income Guidelines. Applicants might also be income eligible for WIC if they or other persons in their household are currently receiving Medicaid, Food Assistance or Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA).
- You must have a nutrition-related need, which will be determined by WIC staff.
Standards for eligibility and participation in the WIC Program are the same for everyone, regardless of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability.
To find out if you may be eligible for WIC benefits, visit the USDA's webpage on WIC eligibility.
- Florida WIC clients use a WIC EBT card to purchase WIC approved foods at authorized WIC grocery stores. WIC provides milk, eggs, cheese, yogurt, cereal, juice, whole grains, dried/canned beans, peanut butter, fruit and vegetables.
- The WIC program strongly encourages breastfeeding as the best method of infant feeding and nurturing. WIC staff are available to support breastfeeding mothers.
La Leche League meetings at the Vero Beach WIC Office:
- This is a series meeting for pregnant women and mothers looking for breastfeeding information and support. Bring your baby and join us for some mother-to-mother talk.
- Meets the third Thursday of every month from 10:00 - 11:30am in the health department's first floor Auditorium
- Those mothers and caregivers who choose to bottle-feed their infants will receive the WIC contract formula.
Nutrition education and counseling, breastfeeding support, referrals for healthcare and community services.
For more information on the WIC program visit Florida Department of Health WIC webpage
WIC Services in Indian River County are Offered at:
Florida Department of Health in Indian River County, located at 1900 27th Street, Vero Beach, FL 32960, Phone: 772-794-7430
To Find Out How You Can Apply for WIC:
- Call state's WIC toll-free number at 800-342-3556, or
- Call the Florida Department of Health in Indian River County WIC Department at 772-794-7430
Please call 772-794-7430 for current WIC hours and schedules.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.