Pediatrics Contact Information
4675 28th Court
Vero Beach, FL 32967
Effective Monday, July 22, 2019, all pediatric and adult primary care services at Gifford Health Center (GHC) will be relocated to the main health department site located at 1900 27th Street in Vero Beach until August 15, 2019. We Care program services will remain at GHC.
Effective August 15, 2019, Florida Department of Health in Indian River County will discontinue primary care and dental services for adults and children. We will continue all other public health services at our main site located at 1900 27th Street in Vero Beach, including family planning and birth control, HIV/AIDS primary care and services, communicable disease program, sexually transmitted disease (STD) services, school health services, immunizations, WIC nutrition program, birth and death certificates, environmental health services, community health improvement and outreach, and the county Human Services program.
If you have health insurance, please contact your insurance company to find another primary care provider. There are low-cost providers in the county for primary care and dental care, and there are also providers who participate in the Indian River County Hospital District's financial assistance program that provides financial assistance to those who qualify. If you do not have a provider, you can contact the Indian River County Medical Society for information about other health care providers in Indian River County at 772-562-0123 or visit their website at https://ircms.org.
PEDIATRICS CLINIC: Hours Monday through Friday, 8:00am to noon and 1:00pm to 4:30pm
The health and well-being of a child is very important and directly related to their overall development, both during childhood and into adulthood. That's why it is vital for every child in Indian River County to be given the opportunity to have access to and receive affordable and quality health care.
We provide to low-income families and the uninsured a wide variety of pediatric primary care for children from birth to through age 17. Our clinic is supported by caring, knowledgable staff, including licensed medical and support professionals. Some of the pediatric services offered include:
- Comprehensive health care for both sick and well infants and children through age 17
- School and sport physical exams
- Screening and diagnostic testing for hearing, vision and blood lead levels
- Measurement of growth and development
- Nutrition counseling
- Treatment or referral to specialty care
- Childhood immunizations (please call 772-794-7415 for more information on childhood and school immunization appointments)
Reduced fees are offered on a sliding fee scale based on county residence and income. Appointments for existing patients can be made by calling (772) 794-7415. Please notify the clinic as soon as possible if you are unable to make a scheduled appointment.
The Florida Department of Health in Indian River County offers free vaccines for children ages 2 months through 18 years to children who qualify for the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program. Immunizations are required for children entering kindergarten and seventh grade, as well as high school students entering college, which now requires certain vaccinations for college entry and dorm living. Please call 772-794-7415 for further information about school immunizations and scheduling an immunization appointment for your child. If they have never received immunizaitons at the health department or Gifford Health Center, please bring the child's immunization record to their appointment.
For more immunization information for parents, patients and providers, view the CDC Recommended Immunization Schedules.
The Florida Department of Health in Indian River County provides childhood immunizations for residents of Indian River County. Immunizations are given to protect your child from disease. Florida law now requires all children entering a public or private school to be immunized with the following vaccines to protect against childhood dreaded diseases:
- DtaP Vaccine (Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (whooping cough)
- IPV Vaccine (Inactivated Polio)
- HIB Vaccine (Haemophilus Influenza Type B)
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
- MMR Vaccine (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- Varivax Vaccine (Chicken pox)
- Td Vaccine (Tetanus, diphtheria)
- Tdap Vaccine (Tetanus Diphtheria, Acellular Pertusis)
- Prevnar Vaccine (Pneumococcal Conjugate)
- Bexaro (Meningococcal B)
In addition, we also offer the following vaccines:
- Menactra Vaccine (Meningococcal)
- Hepatitis A
- Seasonal Influenza
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
Additional Immunization Information:
REGISTRATION AND INFORMATION
When registering, please bring the information listed below with you:
- Photo ID
- Driver's license or other ID listing home address,
- Social security card (including all dependent children in the family)
- Most recent paycheck stub, and
- Any insurance, Medicare, Medicaid cards
For medical fees, if you are a resident of Indian River County and do not have insurance, you may be eligible for reduced fees for most medical services (not including travel vaccinations) based on household income. All outstanding balances owed for pediatric primary care services must be paid in full before receiving any further primary care services. Payment for primary care services received is due at the time the service is provided. Integrated family health and communicable disease services are charged based on a sliding fee scale as described in FAC 64F-16.006.DOH-Indian River will continue to comply with its legal obligations, including not refusing clients seeking services for TB, STD, and HIV/AIDS communicable disease control, family planning, pregnancy testing or school-required childhood immunizations.
ACCEPTED FORMS OF PAYMENT FOR SERVICES
- Cash or personal check
- Most major credit cards
- We accept Medicare, Florida KidCare, AvMed, Blue Cross, UnitedHealthcare, and we also accept Medicaid and the following Medicaid HMOs: Wellcare, Healthease, Sunshine, Clear Health Alliance, Molina, and Staywell and also Dentaquest for Dental. If you are part of an HMO, please contact your HMO first to find out if we are an authorized provider for you to go to before making an appointment.
For more information on pediatric services, please call 772-794-7415.
*Note: This page contains materials in the Portable Document Format (PDF). The free Adobe Acrobat Reader may be required to view these files.