Pediatrics at Gifford Health Center
Pediatrics Contact Information
4675 28th Court
Vero Beach, FL 32967
Gifford Health Center Pediatric Clinic
The health and well-being of a child is very important and directly related to their overall development, both during childhood and into adulthood. That's why it is vital for every child in Indian River County to be given the opportunity to have access to and receive affordable and quality health care.
The Florida Department of Health in Indian River County's Gifford Health Center is a pediatric focused clinic that provides to low-income families and the uninsured a wide variety of pediatric primary care for children from birth to adolescence. All pediatric primary care services are now located at Gifford Health Center which is located just 3 miles north of the main health department. The health center is supported by a caring medical staff, including two full-time pediatricians, registered and licensed practical nurses, as well as office personnel. Some of the pediatric services offered at Gifford Health Center Pediatrics include:
- Comprehensive health care for both sick and well infants and children through age 17
- School and sport physical exams
- Screening and diagnostic testing for hearing, vision and blood lead levels
- Measurement of growth and development
- Nutrition counseling
- Treatment or referral to specialty care
- Childhood immunizations
- Same and next day appointments
Reduced fees are offered on a sliding fee scale based on county residence and income. Appointments for existing patients can be made by calling our Pediatrics clinic at (772) 794-7415. Please notify the clinic as soon as possible if you are unable to make a scheduled appointment.
Free School Immunizations Available
The Florida Department of Health in Indian River County offers free vaccines for children ages 2 months through 18 years who qualify for the Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program. Immunizations are required for children entering kindergarten and seventh grade, as well as high school students entering college, which now requires certain vaccinations for college entry and dorm living.
School immunizations are offered to children through 18 years of age at Gifford Health Center Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 11:00am and 1:00pm to 4:00pm. No appointment is needed.
When bringing your child in for immunizations, please bring their immunization record if they have never received immunizations at the Health Department or Gifford Health Center. For further information, please call (772) 794-7478.
For more immunization information for parents, patients and providers, view the CDC Recommended Immunization Schedules for Children, Teens and Adults on the immunize.org website.
The Florida Department of Health in Indian River County provides childhood immunizations for residents of Indian River County. Immunizations are given to protect your child from disease. Florida law now requires all children entering a public or private school to be immunized with the following vaccines to protect against childhood dreaded diseases:
- DtaP Vaccine (Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (whooping cough)
- IPV Vaccine (Inactivated Polio)
- HIB Vaccine (Haemophilus Influenza Type B)
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
- MMR Vaccine (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- Varivax Vaccine (Chicken pox)
- Td Vaccine (Tetanus, diphtheria)
- Tdap Vaccine (Tetanus Diphtheria, Acellular Pertusis)
- Prevnar Vaccine (Pneumococcal Conjugate)
- Bexaro (Meningococcal B)
In addition, we also offer the following vaccines:
- Menactra Vaccine (Meningococcal)
- Hepatitis A
- Seasonal Influenza
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
Additional Immunization Information:
REGISTRATION AND INFORMATION FOR NEW PATIENTS
When registering as a new patient, please bring the information listed below with you:
- Photo ID
- Driver's license or other ID listing home address,
- Social security card (including all dependent children in the family)
- Most recent paycheck stub, and
- Any insurance/Medicare/Medicaid cards
For medical fees, if you are a resident of Indian River County and do not have insurance, you may be eligible for reduced fees for most medical services (not including travel vaccinations) based household income.
ACCEPTED FORMS OF PAYMENT FOR SERVICES
- Cash or personal check
- Most major credit cards
- We accept Medicare, Florida KidCare, AvMed, Blue Cross, UnitedHealthcare, and we also accept Medicaid and the following Medicaid HMOs: Wellcare, Healthease, Sunshine, Clear Health Alliance, Molina, and Staywell and also Dentaquest for Dental. If you are part of an HMO, please contact your HMO first to find out if we are an authorized provider for you to go to.
View the Gifford Health Center Pediatrics brochure, and for more information on pediatric services, please call 772-794-7415.
*Note: This page contains materials in the Portable Document Format (PDF). The free Adobe Acrobat Reader may be required to view these files.