Pediatrics Contact Information
4675 28th Court
Vero Beach, FL 32967
IMPORTANT NOTICE! (Updated 2/20/19):
Effective Friday, March 1, 2019 and until further notice, all primary care services for adults and for children will be located at Gifford Health Center at 4675 28th Court in Vero Beach - just 3 miles north of the main health department. All other health services, including family planning, HIV/AIDS services, communicable disease program, Dental, WIC, birth and death certificates and environmental health services will remain at the main health department site.
HOURS: Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 12:00pm and 1:00pm - 4:30pm
The health and well-being of a child is very important and directly related to their overall development, both during childhood and into adulthood. That's why it is vital for every child in Indian River County to be given the opportunity to have access to and receive affordable and quality health care.
We provide to low-income families and the uninsured a wide variety of pediatric primary care for children from birth to through age 17 at our Gifford Health Center clinic, located at 4675 28th Court in Vero Beach. Our clinic is supported by caring, knowledgable staff, including licensed medical and support professionals. Some of the pediatric services offered include:
- Comprehensive health care for both sick and well infants and children through age 17
- School and sport physical exams
- Screening and diagnostic testing for hearing, vision and blood lead levels
- Measurement of growth and development
- Nutrition counseling
- Treatment or referral to specialty care
- Childhood immunizations (please call 772-794-7415 for more information on childhood and school immunization appointments)
Reduced fees are offered on a sliding fee scale based on county residence and income. Appointments for existing patients can be made by calling (772) 794-7415. Please notify the clinic as soon as possible if you are unable to make a scheduled appointment.
Free School Immunizations Available!
The Florida Department of Health in Indian River County offers free vaccines for children ages 2 months through 18 years to children who qualify for the Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program. Immunizations are required for children entering kindergarten and seventh grade, as well as high school students entering college, which now requires certain vaccinations for college entry and dorm living. Please call 772-794-7415 for further information about school immunizations and scheduling an immunization appointment for your child. If they have never received immunizaitons at the health department or Gifford Health Center, please bring the child's immunization record to their appointment.
For more immunization information for parents, patients and providers, view the CDC Recommended Immunization Schedules for Children, Teens and Adults on the immunize.org website.
The Florida Department of Health in Indian River County provides childhood immunizations for residents of Indian River County. Immunizations are given to protect your child from disease. Florida law now requires all children entering a public or private school to be immunized with the following vaccines to protect against childhood dreaded diseases:
- DtaP Vaccine (Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (whooping cough)
- IPV Vaccine (Inactivated Polio)
- HIB Vaccine (Haemophilus Influenza Type B)
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
- MMR Vaccine (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- Varivax Vaccine (Chicken pox)
- Td Vaccine (Tetanus, diphtheria)
- Tdap Vaccine (Tetanus Diphtheria, Acellular Pertusis)
- Prevnar Vaccine (Pneumococcal Conjugate)
- Bexaro (Meningococcal B)
In addition, we also offer the following vaccines:
- Menactra Vaccine (Meningococcal)
- Hepatitis A
- Seasonal Influenza
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
Additional Immunization Information:
REGISTRATION AND INFORMATION FOR NEW PATIENTS
When registering as a new patient, please bring the information listed below with you:
- Photo ID
- Driver's license or other ID listing home address,
- Social security card (including all dependent children in the family)
- Most recent paycheck stub, and
- Any insurance/Medicare/Medicaid cards
For medical fees, if you are a resident of Indian River County and do not have insurance, you may be eligible for reduced fees for most medical services (not including travel vaccinations) based on household income. All outstanding balances owed for pediatric primary care services must be paid in full before receiving any further primary care services. Payment for primary care services received is due at the time the service is provided. Integrated family health and communicable disease services are charged based on a sliding fee scale as described in FAC 64F-16.006.DOH-Indian River will continue to comply with its legal obligations, including not refusing clients seeking services for TB, STD, and HIV/AIDS communicable disease control, family planning, pregnancy testing or school-required childhood immunizations.
ACCEPTED FORMS OF PAYMENT FOR SERVICES
- Cash or personal check
- Most major credit cards
- We accept Medicare, Florida KidCare, AvMed, Blue Cross, UnitedHealthcare, and we also accept Medicaid and the following Medicaid HMOs: Wellcare, Healthease, Sunshine, Clear Health Alliance, Molina, and Staywell and also Dentaquest for Dental. If you are part of an HMO, please contact your HMO first to find out if we are an authorized provider for you to go to before making an appointment.
For more information on pediatric services, please call 772-794-7415.
*Note: This page contains materials in the Portable Document Format (PDF). The free Adobe Acrobat Reader may be required to view these files.