Florida Department of Health in Indian River County
- (772) 794-7400
1900 27th Street
Vero Beach, FL 32960
TTY users can contact us through Florida Relay by dialing 711 or one of the other Relay Toll Free numbers.
Due to COVID-19, delivery of some services has changed. Please visit our information page for a listing of updated service delivery.
IMPORTANT NOTICE! (8/15/19)
Florida Department of Health in Indian River County no longer provides primary care or dental services at either the main health department in Vero Beach or Gifford Health Center. The We Care program will remain at Gifford Health Center. Treasure Coast Community Health is the new provider in Gifford Health Center.
The following public health services will remain at the main health department site located at 1900 27th Street in Vero Beach:
- Family planning/birth control
- HIV/AIDS primary care and services
- Communicable disease services
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD) services
- School health services
- WIC nutrition program
- Office of Vital Statistics (birth and death certificates)
- Environmental health services
- Community health improvement and outreach
- Public health preparedness and response
- County Human Services assistance program
If you have insurance, contact your insurance company for other providers of primary care in the area. If you do not have insurance, there are low-cost providers in the county for primary care and dental care, and a list of healthcare providers is provided below. Additionally, financial assistance for health care services is provided by the Indian River County Hospital District for those who qualify, and they can be contacted at 772-770-0935. Healthcare providers listed below with an asterisk (*) process Hospital District Financial Assistance applications for their clients. If you do not have a provider, you can contact the Indian River County Medical Society for information about other health care providers in Indian River County at 772-562-0123 or visit their website at https://ircms.org.
Patient medical records will be maintained at the Health Department in accordance with State Law. If you would like to transfer your records, please contact the Health Department or your new provider to complete an “Authorization for Release of Information” form.
Below is a list of low-cost providers in the county for primary care and dental care.
Organizations Providing Low Cost Health Care Services on a Sliding Fee Scale:
- *Treasure Coast Community Health (medical and dental care)
- 1555 US Highway 1, Suite 105, Vero Beach, Florida 32960
- 1545 9th Street SW, Vero Beach, Florida 32962
- 12196 CR 512, Fellsmere, Florida 32948
- 4675 28th Court, Vero Beach, Florida 32967 (opens 8/26/19)
- Whole Family Health Center (medical care)
981 37th Place, Vero Beach, Florida 32960
- *Visiting Nurse Association Mobile Unit (medical care)
For the mobile unit hours of operation, please call 772 567-5551
- *Visiting Nurses Association (VNA) (home health services)
1110 35th Lane, Vero Beach, Florida 32960
- *Mental Health Association in Indian River County
820 37th Place, Vero Beach, Florida 32960
- Department of Health in St. Lucie County
Forever Smiles Children’s Dentistry (dentistry for children 1-20 years)
St. Lucie West: 537 NW Lake Whitney Place, Ste. 101
Port St. Lucie, FL 34986