Florida Department of Health in Indian River County
- (772) 794-7400
1900 27th Street
Vero Beach, FL 32960
TTY users can contact us through Florida Relay by dialing 711 or one of the other Relay Toll Free numbers.
Eligibility for Reduced Health Care Fees
What is eligibility?
The Florida Department of Health in Indian River County (DOH-Indian River) provides public health services in Indian River County. Fees we charge and collect are used to continue to provide care to you and your family. Eligibility determines if you are eligible to received reduced fee rates for specific services. New patients should bring proof of photo identification as noted below, and any health insurance information.
- any official local, state or federal government or military issued identification with photo. For example:
- driver's license
- government identification
- valid passport (US or non-US)
- valid work identification
- valid school identification
What if I don't want to go through the eligibility process for reduced fees?
You can choose not to have your eligibility determined, in which case your eligibility will be waived and you will be responsible for paying the full fee for any medical services you receive that has a fee associated, including any fees not covered by insurance.
Some fees for medical services may depend on specific individual situations or are not offered on the sliding fee scale. These services include:
- family planning/birth control/contraceptives (fee varies)
- childhood immunizations for ages 2 months through age 18 (free if eligible through the Centers for Disease Control's (CDC) Vaccines for Children program)
- sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing, treatment and counseling (fee varies)
- tuberculosis (TB)/communicable disease control (fee varies)
How do I apply for Medicaid to help cover fees?
You can apply for Medicaid by contacting the Department of Children and Families at 1-866-762-2237.
For more information about eligibility, please call 772-794-7425.