Dental Contact Information
1900 27th Street
Vero Beach, FL 32960
The Florida Department of Health in Indian River County is committed to providing access to quality and affordable dental health care to residents of Indian River County regardless of income level or age. Early childhood dental check-ups are essential to helping prevent unnecessary pain and suffering later in life, that's why it's important to follow proper oral hygiene practices and get regular dental check-ups to help avoid problems in the future. We have a staff of caring licensed dentists, as well as other professional dental support staff ready to take care of you and your family's dental needs.
In collaboration with the Indian River County Hospital District, the United Way of Indian River County, and several community agencies, the health department's dental clinic strives to:
- Improve one's dental and physical health, as well as their self-esteem and smile, with properly cared for teeth from childhood to adulthood
- Eliminate unnecessary dental pain and suffering caused by untreated dental caries
- Promote the benefit of good oral health for children and adults through example, teaching, and positive reinforcement.
- Bilingual Childhood Outreach Program
- Examination and X-rays
- Tooth Colored Fillings
- Oral Hygiene Instruction
- Topical Fluoride Application
- Pulpotomies (children only)
- Prophylaxis (tooth polishing)
- Scaling and Root Planing (deep cleaning)
- Extractions: Deciduous and Permanent Teeth
- Pit and Fissure Sealants
- Referrals to Specialty Care
- Palliative Emergency Treatment
Appointments for established patients can be made by calling the dental clinic at 772-794-7435, Monday through Friday, 8am - noon and 1pm - 5pm. If you need to cancel an appointment, please notify the clinic of the cancellation at least 24 hours before to the scheduled appointment time. Appointments that are cancelled with less than a 24 hour notice will be considered a missed appointment.
EMERGENCY WALK-IN SERVICES
Persons in need of emergency dental care can register for Dental walk-in services between 7:30am and 8:30am on TUESDAYS AND WEDNESDAYS only. Please call to verify emergency walk-in days and times.
Guidelines for Emergency Care:
- Walk-in patients who sign in later than 8:30am will not be considered for an appointment that day.
- Children 10 years old and under receive priority care over all other patients.
- Patients who are 11 years old and up will be chosen by lottery to fill available time slots depending on doctor availability; it is not first come, first served.
- Patients must be a resident of Indian River County (exception: children up to age 20 on Medicaid can be from any county).
- Patients must have a dental disease or condition that requires immediate treatment, such as:
- Dental Abscess
- Dental Trauma
- Broken Tooth
- Oral Soft Tissue Injury
- Suspected Infection
- Pain or Discomfort
- Post-op Complication
Please note that any outstanding dental balances must be paid prior to receiving emergency services. Payment plans are available upon request.
All patients who have been chosen by lottery will be seen as quickly as possible. However, due to children 10 years and under having priority care and other circumstances, please be advised that there could be a long waiting time in receiving emergency services.
FEES FOR DENTAL SERVICES:
Dental services are available to Indian River County residents regardless of income or age. Due to limited funding and the high cost of the dental program, services are not offered on a sliding fee scale, but are listed at reduced fee rates. We are Medicaid providers for DentaQuest, Dental Health and Wellness, and Argus. Please verify first with your dental health plan to find out what dental provider you are authorized to go to.
ACCEPTED FORMS OF PAYMENT:
- Cash or personal check
- Most major credit cards
REGISTRATION AND INFORMATION FOR NEW PATIENTS
When registering as a new patient, please bring the information listed below with you:
- Photo ID
- Driver's license or other ID listing home address,
- Social security card (including all dependent children in the family),
- Most recent paycheck stub, and
- Any insurance/Medicare/Medicaid cards
Our doors open at 7:30am until 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Our office is closed from 12-1pm daily for lunch and we are closed on most major holidays and periodically for training.
For complete information about our dental services, please call 772-794-7435.