1900 27th Street
Vero Beach, FL 32960
The Florida Department of Health in Indian River County is dedicated to promoting the health and wellness of adults and adolescents by providing quality primary health care services, both acute and preventive in nature, to well and sick residents of Indian River County. Our Adult Health clinics, located at the main health department site at 1900 27th Street in Vero Beach, are supported by a specially trained staff of physicians, advanced registered nurse practitioners, registered and licensed practical nurses, as well as professional support personnel.
With funding from the Florida Department of Health, as well as the Indian River County Board of County Commissioners and the Indian River County Hospital District, we are able to provide to low-income families and the uninsured a wide variety of adult primary health care services, such as:
- Routine checkups for patients 18 and older
- Comprehensive acute (short term) illness and chronic (long term) illness care
- Routine physicals and screenings
- Adult immunizations
- Travel Vaccinations
- Emphasis and counseling on preventive health care
- Diabetes treatment and counseling
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) treatment and counseling
- Tuberculosis screening, treatment, and referral for specialty care
- Confidential and anonymous sexually transmitted disease testing, counseling, and limited treatment with referrals to specialists for long-term care
- Walk-in visits available for patients with minor illnesses
- Limited medicines available
- Interpreting services are available for non-English speaking patients
- We also have a Women's Health Clinic that is devoted entirely to caring for the unique needs of women.
Adult and women's health appointments can be made by calling our Adult Health clinic at 794-7425. As a courtesy to other patients who may need an appointment, please notify the clinic as soon as possible if you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment.
Foreign travel may require vaccinations and pre-planning and Florida Department of Health in Indian River County can help you with getting the vaccinations and information you need about your destination!
The CDC recommends those traveling to a foreign country schedule an appointment for travel vaccinations 4 to 6 weeks before the trip as most vaccines take time to become effective in your body and other vaccines must be given in a series over a period of weeks or months.
We offer the following travel vaccines to residents of Indian River County:
- Hepatitis A and B
- Yellow Fever and other vaccines
- We also provide consultation and prescription for anti-malarial medication and information on food and water safety in the country you will be visiting.
Fees for travel vaccinations are not available on a sliding fee scale and payment is expected at time of service.
Whether traveling for business or pleasure, plan early and call 772-794-7425 to schedule an appointment for your travel vaccinations or for more information. For complete information on travel and your health, visit the CDC's Traveler's Health webpage.
REGISTRATION AND INFORMATION FOR NEW PATIENTS
When registering as a new patient, please bring the information listed below with you:
- Photo ID
- Driver's license or other ID listing home address,
- Social security card (including all dependent children in the family),
- Most recent paycheck stub, and
- Any insurance/Medicare/Medicaid cards
ACCEPTED FORMS OF PAYMENT FOR SERVICES
- Cash or personal check
- Visa or MasterCard
- We accept Medicare, Florida KidCare, AvMed, Blue Cross, UnitedHealthcare, and we also accept Medicaid and the following Medicaid HMOs: Wellcare, Healthease, Sunshine, Clear Health Alliance, Molina and Staywell and also Dentaquest for Dental. If you are part of an HMO, please contact your insurance company first to find out if we are an authorized provider for you to go to.
For Medical Services: if you are a resident of Indian River County and do not have insurance, you may be eligible for reduced fees for most medical services (not including travel vaccinations) based on your household income. Fees for travel vaccinations are not available on a sliding fee scale and payment is expected at time of service.
For more information about Adult Health services, please call 772-794-7425.