4675 28th Court
Vero Beach, FL 32967
Effective Monday, July 22, 2019, all pediatric and adult primary care services at Gifford Health Center (GHC) will be relocated to the main health department site located at 1900 27th Street in Vero Beach until August 15, 2019. We Care program services will remain at GHC.
Effective August 15, 2019, Florida Department of Health in Indian River County will discontinue primary care and dental services for adults and children. We will continue all other public health services at our main site located at 1900 27th Street in Vero Beach, including family planning and birth control, HIV/AIDS primary care and services, communicable disease program, sexually transmitted disease (STD) services, school health services, immunizations, WIC nutrition program, birth and death certificates, environmental health services, community health improvement and outreach, and the county Human Services program.
If you have health insurance, please contact your insurance company to find another primary care provider. There are low-cost providers in the county for primary care and dental care, and there are also providers who participate in the Indian River County Hospital District's financial assistance program that provides financial assistance to those who qualify. If you do not have a provider, you can contact the Indian River County Medical Society for information about other health care providers in Indian River County at 772-562-0123 or visit their website at https://ircms.org.
ADULT HEALTH CLINIC:
HOURS: Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 4:30pm (clinics close from 12:00 to 1:00pm daily for lunch)
The Florida Department of Health in Indian River County is dedicated to promoting the health and wellness of adults by providing quality primary health care services, both acute and preventive in nature, to well and sick residents of Indian River County. Our Gifford Health Center, located at 4675 28th Court in Vero Beach, is supported by licensed physicians, advanced registered nurse practitioners, registered and licensed practical nurses, as well as professional support personnel.
With funding from the Florida Department of Health, as well as the Indian River County Board of County Commissioners and the Indian River County Hospital District, we are able to provide to low-income families and the uninsured a wide variety of adult primary health care services, such as:
- Routine checkups
- Comprehensive acute (short term) illness and chronic (long term) illness care
- Routine physicals and screenings
- Adult immunizations
- Travel Vaccinations
- Emphasis and counseling on preventive health care
- Diabetes treatment and counseling
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) treatment and counseling
- Tuberculosis screening, treatment, and referral for specialty care
- Confidential and anonymous sexually transmitted disease testing, counseling, and limited treatment with referrals to specialists for long-term care
- Interpreting services are available for non-English speaking patients
- Women's health services
Adult and women's health appointments can be made by calling our Adult Health clinic at 794-7425. As a courtesy to other patients who may need an appointment, please notify the clinic as soon as possible if you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment.
REGISTRATION AND INFORMATION
When registering, please bring the information listed below with you:
- Photo ID
- Driver's license or other ID listing home address,
- Social security card (including all dependent children in the family),
- Most recent paycheck stub, and
- Any insurance/Medicare/Medicaid cards
ACCEPTED FORMS OF PAYMENT FOR SERVICES
- Cash or personal check
- Visa or MasterCard
- We accept Medicare, Florida KidCare, AvMed, Blue Cross, UnitedHealthcare, and we also accept Medicaid and the following Medicaid HMOs: Wellcare, Healthease, Sunshine, Clear Health Alliance, Molina and Staywell and also Dentaquest for Dental. If you are part of an HMO, please contact your insurance company first to find out if we are an authorized provider for you to go to.
For more information, please call 772-794-7425.