4675 28th Court
Vero Beach, FL 32967
IMPORTANT NOTICE! (Updated 2/20/19):
Effective Friday, March 1, 2019 and until further notice, all primary care services for adults and for children will be located at Gifford Health Center at 4675 28th Court in Vero Beach - just 3 miles north of the main health department. All other health services, including HIV/AIDS services, family planning, communicable disease program, Dental and WIC will remain at the main health department site.
HOURS: Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 4:30pm (clinics close from 12:00 to 1:00pm daily for lunch)
The Florida Department of Health in Indian River County is dedicated to promoting the health and wellness of adults by providing quality primary health care services, both acute and preventive in nature, to well and sick residents of Indian River County. Our Gifford Health Center, located at 4675 28th Court in Vero Beach, is supported by licensed physicians, advanced registered nurse practitioners, registered and licensed practical nurses, as well as professional support personnel.
With funding from the Florida Department of Health, as well as the Indian River County Board of County Commissioners and the Indian River County Hospital District, we are able to provide to low-income families and the uninsured a wide variety of adult primary health care services, such as:
- Routine checkups
- Comprehensive acute (short term) illness and chronic (long term) illness care
- Routine physicals and screenings
- Adult immunizations
- Travel Vaccinations
- Emphasis and counseling on preventive health care
- Diabetes treatment and counseling
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) treatment and counseling
- Tuberculosis screening, treatment, and referral for specialty care
- Confidential and anonymous sexually transmitted disease testing, counseling, and limited treatment with referrals to specialists for long-term care
- Interpreting services are available for non-English speaking patients
- Women's health services
Adult and women's health appointments can be made by calling our Adult Health clinic at 794-7425. As a courtesy to other patients who may need an appointment, please notify the clinic as soon as possible if you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment.
Foreign travel may require vaccinations and pre-planning and Florida Department of Health in Indian River County can help you with getting the vaccinations and information you need about your destination!
The CDC recommends those traveling to a foreign country schedule an appointment for travel vaccinations 4 to 6 weeks before the trip as most vaccines take time to become effective in your body and other vaccines must be given in a series over a period of weeks or months.
We offer the following travel vaccines to residents of Indian River County:
- Hepatitis A and B
- Yellow Fever and other vaccines
- We also provide consultation and prescription for anti-malarial medication and information on food and water safety in the country you will be visiting.
Note: Please contact clinic to confirm current availability of vaccines.
Fees for travel vaccinations are not available on a sliding fee scale and payment is expected at time of service.
Whether traveling for business or pleasure, plan early and call 772-794-7425 to schedule an appointment for your travel vaccinations or for more information. For complete information on travel and your health, visit the CDC's Traveler's Health webpage.
REGISTRATION AND INFORMATION FOR NEW PATIENTS
When registering as a new patient, please bring the information listed below with you:
- Photo ID
- Driver's license or other ID listing home address,
- Social security card (including all dependent children in the family),
- Most recent paycheck stub, and
- Any insurance/Medicare/Medicaid cards
ACCEPTED FORMS OF PAYMENT FOR SERVICES
- Cash or personal check
- Visa or MasterCard
- We accept Medicare, Florida KidCare, AvMed, Blue Cross, UnitedHealthcare, and we also accept Medicaid and the following Medicaid HMOs: Wellcare, Healthease, Sunshine, Clear Health Alliance, Molina and Staywell and also Dentaquest for Dental. If you are part of an HMO, please contact your insurance company first to find out if we are an authorized provider for you to go to.
For Medical Services: if you are a resident of Indian River County and do not have insurance, you may be eligible for reduced fees for most medical services (not including travel vaccinations) based on your residency and household income. Fees for travel vaccinations are not available on a sliding fee scale and payment is expected at time of service. All outstanding balances owed for adult and pediatric primary care services must be paid in full before receiving any further primary care services. Payment for primary care services received is due at the time the service is provided. Integrated family health and communicable disease services are charged based on a sliding fee scale as described in FAC 64F-16.006.DOH-Indian River will continue to comply with its legal obligations, including not refusing clients seeking services for TB, STD, and HIV/AIDS communicable disease control, family planning, pregnancy testing or school-required childhood immunizations.
For more information about Adult Health services, please call 772-794-7425.