Changes to Delivery of Health Department Services
|Mar 27 - Dec 31, 2020|
CHANGES TO DELIVERY OF HEALTH DEPARTMENT SERVICES: The Florida Department of Health in Indian River County (DOH-Indian River) has closed its lobby to the public and is providing all services by appointment or over the telephone until further notice. This is to limit staff and customer interaction. We are maintaining essential public health services, but are changing how these services are delivered. Please see below for additional information.
MEDICAL RECORDS (772-794-7408):
To request medical records release:
- Print a medical records release form (Authorization to Disclose Confidential Information)
- Complete the form in its entirety…include addresses, phone and fax numbers, names and dates of birth and signature
- Make sure you place your initials where indicated as we do not accept check marks or X’s…if you do not initial next to the specific record needed, then we will not be able to releas
- Complete 1 form for each client’s records needed…do not place multiple client names on the same form
- Fax the completed request form and a legible copy of your ID to 772-562-6789
We process requests through our copy service company, CIOX. If your request form is completed correctly and we can make an identifying match between your ID, signature and what we already have on file, our copy service company will process your request and records will be sent to you or your medical provider via mail.
We do not email records and can only fax limited pages to a “secured” fax line.
PUBLIC HEALTH CLINIC SERVICES:
All clinic services are by appointment only until further notice. For assitance, please call 772-794-7425, or phone number indicated below for specific services, Monday through Friday 8am to noon and 1pm to 5pm:
- STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- HIV /AIDS Primary Care
- Family Planning
- ADAP (AIDS Drug Assistance Program, Ph: 772-794-7400 x1601)
- Case Management (Ph: 772-794-7449)
- PEPW (Presumptive Eligibility for Pregnant Women, Ph: 772-794-7468)
VITAL STATISTICS (birth and death certificates) Ph: 772-794-7460
Our Office of Vital Statistics walk-in services are closed until further notice. Certificates can be ordered by fax of mail order, or by online VitalChek® system. Please utilize the following methods to obtain certificates:
- For information on how to fax or mail in a birth certificate application, visit our web page on Birth Certificates
- For information on how to fax or mail in a death certificate application, visit our web page on Death Certificates
- Order Online Through VitalChek
VitalChek® is the only vendor recommended by the Florida Department of Health. VitalChek® is a 3rd party service, not affiliated with the Florida Department of Health. As such, fees charged by VitalChek® may be different than fees charged when ordering directly through your local health department office. Visit the Vital Chek website at https://www.vitalchek.com/vital-records/florida/florida-vital-statistics for more information.
If you need additional help, please call our Office of Vital Statistics at 772-794-7460, Monday through Friday 8am - 4:30pm.
WE CARE CLINIC SERVICES (772-794-7422):
We Care is closed for appointments until further notice. Patients may still leave routine messages on the We Care line at 772-794-7422, which will be monitored daily, Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm, for a call back within 24 hours, and those with scheduled appointments will be contacted. Patients should call their primary care provider for general medical needs.
BUSINESS OFFICE AND ADMINISTRATIVE FUNCTIONS (Ph: 772-794-7450):
Please call 772-794-7450 for information on changes to delivery of business and administrative services, Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm.
COMMUNICABLE DISEASES AND EPIDEMIOLOGY (Ph: 772-794-7472):
- Please call the Communicable Diseases office at 772-794-7472 for informaiton on changes to delivery of Communicable Disease services, Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm.
- Communicable Disease Reporting Line (available 24/7/365) Ph: 772-794-7472 / Fax: 772-794-7482
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SERVICES (Ph: 772-794-7440):
Please call the Environmental Health office at 772-794-7440 for information on changes to delivery of environmental health services, Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm.
HUMAN SERVICES PROGRAM (Assistance with rent/utilities/food, Ph: 772-226-1423)
Please call the Human Services program at 772-226-1423 for information on changes to delivery of Human Services program services, Monday through Friday, 8am - 4:30pm.
WIC SERVICES (Ph: 772-794-7430):
Please call the WIC office at 772-794-7430 for information on changes to delivery of WIC services, Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm.