Changes to Delivery of Health Department Services
|Jun 02 - Dec 31, 2020|
UPDATE ON HEALTH DEPARTMENT SERVICES
The health department re-opened to the public on Tuesday, June 2, 2020. To reduce face-to-face client and staff interaction due to COVID-19, clients are encouraged to continue to use remote services whenever possible (online, telephone, fax). Services provided within the health department will be by appointment. Additional information is provided below on delivery of services.
COVID-19 Preventive Measures
The main east clinic entrance at the front of our building will be the only point of entry for the public. All clients entering the health department will be screened for temperature and symptoms of COVID-19 at this entrance. We strongly encourage clients who enter the health department to practice preventive measures to help protect themselves and other clients and staff, including:
- wearing a cloth face covering (unless under 2 years of age, you have difficulty breathing or are unable to remove the mask yourself)
- social distancing (maintaining 6 feet between you and others)
- practicing good hand, cough and sneeze hygiene (washing hands with soap and water for 20 seconds frequently, using alcohol-based hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol, coughing or sneezing into a tissue or your elbow)
- staying home when sick
- additional information on prevention is available at https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/prevention/.
Clients who will be coming in to the health department’s public health or We Care clinics for a scheduled medical appointment will be required to wear a mask during their visit.
Please contact the department you are requiring services from to get the most up-to-date information about the service you need (phone numbers are listed below).
MEDICAL RECORDS (772-794-7408):
For remote service, to request medical records release online:
- Print a medical records release form (Authorization to Disclose Confidential Information)
- Complete the form in its entirety…include addresses, phone and fax numbers, names and dates of birth and signature
- Make sure you place your initials where indicated as we do not accept check marks or X’s…if you do not initial next to the specific record needed, then we will not be able to release
- Complete 1 form for each client’s records needed…do not place multiple client names on the same form
- Fax the completed request form and a legible copy of your ID to 772-562-6789
We process requests through our copy service company, CIOX. If your request form is completed correctly and we can make an identifying match between your ID, signature and what we already have on file, our copy service company will process your request and records will be sent to you or your medical provider via mail.
We do not email records and can only fax limited pages to a “secured” fax line.
Please call our Medical Records Office at 772-794-7408 for more information, Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm.
PUBLIC HEALTH CLINIC SERVICES:
All clinic services are by appointment only until further notice. For assitance, please call 772-794-7425, or phone number indicated below for specific services, Monday through Friday 8am to noon and 1pm to 5pm:
- STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- HIV /AIDS Primary Care
- Family Planning
- ADAP (AIDS Drug Assistance Program, Ph: 772-794-7400 x1601)
- Case Management (Ph: 772-794-7449)
- PEPW (Presumptive Eligibility for Pregnant Women, Ph: 772-794-7468)
VITAL STATISTICS (birth and death certificates):
For remote services, birth and death certificates can be ordered by fax of mail order, or by online VitalChek® system. Please utilize the following methods to obtain certificates:
- For information on how to fax or mail in a birth certificate application, visit our web page on Birth Certificates
- For information on how to fax or mail in a death certificate application, visit our web page on Death Certificates
- Order Online Through VitalChek
VitalChek® is the only vendor recommended by the Florida Department of Health. VitalChek® is a 3rd party service, not affiliated with the Florida Department of Health. As such, fees charged by VitalChek® may be different than fees charged when ordering directly through your local health department office. Visit the Vital Chek website at https://www.vitalchek.com/vital-records/florida/florida-vital-statistics for more information.
If you need additional help, please call our Office of Vital Statistics at 772-794-7460, Monday through Friday 8am - 4:30pm.
WE CARE CLINIC SERVICES:
We Care clinic services are by appointment only. Please call We Care at 772-794-7422 for more information, Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm.
BUSINESS OFFICE AND ADMINISTRATIVE FUNCTIONS:
Please call 772-794-7450 for information on business and administrative services, Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm.
COMMUNICABLE DISEASES AND EPIDEMIOLOGY:
Please call the communicable disease office at 772-794-7472 for information on services, Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm.
- Communicable Disease Reporting Line is available 24/7/365, Ph: 772-794-7472 / Fax: 772-794-7482
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SERVICES (septic, water testing, sharps, licensing and permitting, etc.):
Services for environmental health will be scheduled in the office by appointment. Remote services are available for some services. Please call the Environmental Health office at 772-794-7440 for more information, Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm, or by email at zzzzFB_CHD31EH@flhealth.gov .
HUMAN SERVICES PROGRAM (Assistance with rent/utilities/food/prescriptions)
Services are by drop off and appointments. Please call the Human Services program at 772-226-1423 for more information, Monday through Friday, 8am - 4:30pm.
Services are provided through telephone appointments. Please call WIC at 772-794-7430 for more information, Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm.